Thank you all for 2011, may 2012 be better for all of us!
We are reaching the end of 2011 and it has become time to re-cap the year, what have I done this year?
- I managed to gain 7 of the 10 kilos that I wanted to gain.
- I quit one job and started a new one.
- I started running and ran a 5km race, collected 1335dkk for Unicef.
- I made some new friends, you know who you are.
- I started knitting (again) and have been knitting like a little maniac.
- I auditioned for Swedish Master chef
- I started the hunt for the Best Fish n’ Chips in Copenhagen
- I went to an Italian cooking class
- I became an auntie again (guess my sister did the hard part of that one)
- I spent loads of quality time with mummy dearest
- I spent some time working on that instant karma by volunteering for The Red Cross
- I got another bike stolen, and a back wheel.
- I walked down memory lane in Linköping
- I once again re-decorated my living room (at the moment I’m quite happy with it)
- I went for a one-day sushi class.
Doesn’t sound that much I guess, I will just have to do more in 2012!
Happy New Year all of you!
Since I am a little bit of a train expert, spending so much time on them as I do, not only the daily commuting but also the travels around Sweden (and of course the additional time due to my train Jinx), I thought I could share some ideas on what to do.
- Pretend to read a book (just make sure you hold it in the right direction) while listening in to the conversations going on around you.
- Constantly update your Facebook status, preferable with check-ins at the current station etc, to ensure that all your friends know where you are at all times (and if the train is on time or not).
- Re-watch old TV shows that you have on DVD (requires a computer) since watching Buffy is nothing to be ashamed of at all!
- Pretend to read a magazine (make sure that it is opened and that you turn the page every now and then) while you are listening in to all the issues that the person talking on the phone have in her private life and with her parents…really interesting.
- Knit something, this is great because it can pretty much be combined with so many other things on this list.
- Sit and make up stories about the other passengers based on the information you received while listening in to their very private conversations.
- Fix your nails, really, none of the other passengers will have any issues with you filing away and then applying nail polish, I mean the smell is not disturbing at all. If you are on a Swedish train, I can bet you that no one will complain.
We live in a world that is the same as when Darwin decided that the strongest will survive. We live in a world were you get what you work for. We live in a world where nothing is for free.
I kind of get surprised every now and then with articles in the paper or online, we are constantly supposed to feel sorry for people because they don’t have this or they don’t have that. Will they get that by us feeling sorry for them?
Growing up my parents taught me that if you want something you work for it. They taught me that I could do anything I wanted if I put my mind to it!
We are all people, I do not see why there is a difference between me or anyone else, so why should I feel sorry for them? If you want to, you could!
Yes, I know that my list of things to do for 2012 is quite grown up and sensible. That doesn’t mean that I will only do those things in 2012. It doesn’t mean that I will over night from 2011 to 2012 become a sensible grown up. And it definitely doesn’t mean that there wont be anymore of this;
Don’t worry dear friends, I will still be my crazy me!
(Disclaimer, if you are my current boss or future boss, of course I will be responsible enough to do my job over expectation as well as do nothing that impact the company name!)
I used to love horror movies. Wait! Used to love them is not the truth, I still love horror movies, I just haven’t been watching too many of them lately.
I feel a new project creeping up on me. Which is the best horror movie? Which is your favorite horror movie? Let me know!
I’ll just make my poor friends watch them with me…