So, we have been hanging out for a couple of days now and I’m digging you, we have seen Sweden done good in the ice-hockey, we had a few hours at work together, the weather has been ok – or maybe not, and anything can happen. 2013 didn’t do to good in the beginning so if you need some ideas, don’t look that way for help (I belive 2012 did a better job). With your predecessors I’ve had kind of an idea on what we were to do together, and I figured it’s only fair of me to let you know what I expect of our time together, so here goes;
7 things for 2014
- Stick to my budget (don’t understand why it’s so damn hard). I also have to add that this will only happen after January, since I really totally blown my budget for the first month of this year, how? you ask! Well, I will go visit my bestest friend (the pool that is) on the planet;
- Be a good student! I was a good student in the beginning of the last semester, then as the months passed I saw a decline in my efforts and motivation. By being accepted to a full-fledged degree starting on the 20th of January, made me work on my attitude towards studying. Until now I have felt like I’m doing it for other people, like the employers that don’t want to hire me because I don’t have a degree, or to make my mum happy because I know it would. Now, I need to remind myself that I’m doing this for me, because I want to, because I have chosen to do so.
- Be happy with my situation! This partially connects with the above, being a full-time student and only work part-time has forced me to make changes to my lifestyle. I can’t do all of the things that I used to, mostly due to the lack of funds. Instead of walking around missing how it was before I will work on being happy with how I have it now. I also hope that my friends can help me a bit with this, remembering that my situation has changed and my choices for after-school activities are a bit more limited than before.
- Start writing letters again. I started a letter writing challenge in the end of 2012, and it was fun to receive the letters back, thus I want to get started on this again, I do have a few letters still unanswered that I probably should answer as well. Better late than never. And hey, if you want to be my pen pal just drop me a line.
- Complete the Gotham Classic! This was something that me and my brother in-law started 2013, he completed it, I didn’t! I didn’t manage to deal with my fear of water and couldn’t complete the swimming. I’m not the one to give up, I have been thought that you always keep trying and do not give up until you managed what you set your mind to. Thus I have signed up again this year, biking 50k, swimming 1k and running 10k. Hopefully this will be the year that I do it!
- Get into a workout habit that contains at least one workout session a week. This is not a weight loss exercise or anything like that, I just want to do some kind of exercise every week. It can be a long walk, biking tour, a run or some swimming nothing hardcore at all, just do be generally healthy.
- Make a proper go at the Swedish Goddess affordable meals. Since I vowed to stick on budget, eating cheap and yummy food is on top of the list. I also have to avoid eating lunch out, so I need to have food that I can bring to work or school, all in the spirit of saving money. If you are interested to see what I have been up to before, you can find it here.