Sitting here on my couch, way too late for a school night (due to a three-day weekend so night is day and day is night), feeling a bit pleased with myself as the laundry basket is empty (that means I’ve done all the laundry) and the fridge full since I managed to leave my couch long enough to do grocery shopping, contemplating my life (and the length of this sentence). The result?
Wow, it’s been long since I did a 7-things list, the last one I can find is from is from the beginning of February last year (not sure what happened with the rest of that year to be honest, might have to go back and read my own blog on that topic). That means it’s time for another one, it’s gonna be a 7-thing/project type of thing since it’s been a while since my last little project as well.
Ready? Here we go…
- Be a tourist in my own city – being in Essen this past weekend the conversation came up again, what one do and don’t do in your hometown. At least I’m real bad at going to the museums and sites here in Malmö, so I figured that I would make an attempt to be better at it. I think I’ll start with the Lonely Planet list to make it easy…and if anyone has some good ideas let me know.
- Cook more food at home – during my poor student days (not that long ago) I became real good at planning weekly menus and cooking at home. Now I spend too much time eating out, both for lunch and dinner – because I can. I do really love cooking though so I wanna get back in it. Starting today when there will be a box of food complete with recipes, delivered at my door. Ok, so starting it off half-lazy.
- Become less materialistic – I have noticed that I use shopping a little bit like therapy. I buy something and it makes me feel good…every time. Not a lasting feeling at all, so I figure that I will attempt to buy less things.
- Declutter – I’m a piler…there I said it! I have piles all over my apartment and we share the space in a co-existing kind of way. I think that it would be a nice change to attempt to get rid of them. It also ties into point three, I don’t need all this stuff.
- Take better care of my body – Yes, I run and I bike (faaaar) I just don’t exercise that much in between. I’m not planning on becoming a health nut or anything, I just feel that maybe I should move around a bit other than biking to and from work. And also maybe start my day with something else than coffee and a cancerstick…just saying – there’s probably a reason why my booty haven’t liked me or treated me nicely the past few months.
- Think more about the environment – I’m getting a bit better at recycling and I usually bring reusable bags to the grocery store. So I guess, being even better at recycling, try to avoid buying things with too much packaging, turning of the lights and all that jazz (maybe start with reading up on how to be nice to the environment).
- Less screen time – I spend most of my days at work in front of a computer, and my phone and then I come home and spend time infront of the TV with my computer or phone as well. So I want to do less of that, I mean, I can just turn my radio on when I’m home if I want background noise, and a book will keep my company just as well as the TV and computer will, right? So more of that…
That’s that, starting today! And since I’m not too keen on rules, there are no rules really…other than that I want to include one of the points in my everyday life everyday…