My boss is nice enough to send me on a course, Procurement Law. It’s a two day course, Monday to Tuesday, and takes place in the Capitol. When you sit at work to book your flights you never find traveling a Sunday night a good idea. Of course not! Why would traveling an evening, arriving so that you can spend a quiet night in a hotel, waking up nice and rested on Monday ready to take on the day, be a good idea? Of course it’s much better to have to set your alarm for 4:45 to get into a taxi to the airport and then fly north, arriving to your course tired and cranky because someone figured bringing a small cranky child on a morning flight would be a great thing to do.
Then, as I’m not morning person to start out with there’s a few things I should’ve thought about last night (even though or especially since, my traumatic day);
- When it’s closing in on midnight and you’re still not sleepy, maybe setting a second alarm could be a nice idea
- If you don’t set a second alarm, maybe closing the door to the room where your phone, the alarm, is located. Just a thought.
- If going on a trip for work where the information you need is only stored on the work phone, make sure that phone is charged.
- If you aren’t sleepy, you could probably spend the time packing up the things you need for your two days away. You know, little things like a clean t-shirt, underwear, pills and other little things like that.
This way, when your alarm finally wakes you up and the taxi driver is calling you wondering why you aren’t outside,you don’t forget the above-mentioned things.
I managed to charge my phone a little bit at the airport (yes, still managed to make the flight) enough to power it up and quickly forward the location info to my own and very charged phone. I also think there’s charging opportunities on the train (yes, train #trainjinx) from the airport to the city. I should be fine.
And if I’m lucky, there’s a nice store close to the hotel where I can find myself some new tops and such.
Last week I don’t know where my brain was, today I blame it all on Spidy!
As a side note, when I finished the above post I went to my purse for a book to read. Of course I managed to grab a bag without a book in it. How is that even possible?!?! I did however find;
- My makeup bag, been looking for that
- My gym locker lock, been looking for that
- A charger I didn’t realize that I owned
- Clothespin (don’t ask)
Amongst other things…