I bragged yesterday about how good I’ve gotten at programming my coffee machine so I could wake up to the smell of coffee…guess who forgot last night! And guess who overslept this morning. I think we can see a pattern, big reminder to me to sort that out tonight as the instant stuff isn’t the same. As promised I still took the time for a cupper even though I was late.
In other news I got my voting card for the coming European Union election. I have heard about it, I know it would happen, I will just have to admit that I have no clue on what’s going on and that is not good.
Since we are living in a world where the rightwing winds are strong, people are becoming more hateful and want to move back from open borders to closed ones with countries only containing the “right people”, this is more important than ever. I do not want a Sweden with closed borders containing only Swedish hateful people that think they are on top of the world with the right to look through their noses on everyone else.
So what do I know this far?
- It’s on the 26th of May, so I will be back from my vacation.
- We elect who to represent us in the EU Parliment for the next 5 years.
- You need to be EU citizen to be allowed to vote.
- I vote for the (Swedish) party I think should represent us.
- I can vote for a specific person.
- The party need to have at least 4% of the votes in order to have a seat at the Parliment.
Wow, now all that is left is to figure out who to vote for. I’m not sure I recovered from the Swedish election we had last fall, so this is going to be a though one. I can take the easy way out and just vote for the same party this time around…or not.
To be continued…