I started with a bang and a whoop whoop, like always when I start something new. I always have to remind myself that it’s more like a marathon rather than a sprint and I should pace myself in the beginning.
That being said, I jumped out of bed when the first of three alarms went of. Poured my coffee as I remembered to get it ready last night, packed and made my train with 5 minutes to spare.
What I don’t get is how I manage to pack the same amount of stuff for a day as when I pack for a week…
The only damper on my parade is that I have to finish the coffee before the security check, damn i miss the old days sometimes.
My 7 lists have been good for me in the past, so in the spirit of being back togheter with the blog, I’ll revive this good old friend. I’ve had yearly 7, montly 7, weekly 7 and just random 7. If you are curios as to what this is all about, you can find all my old 7 posts here.
This time around I’ll do a weekly one, over the next 7 days this are the 7 things I want to be doing…
- Post at least once a day on the blog. It’s more for me than you guys since the blog is a good way to clear my brain from all the crazy stuff going on in there.
- Do two rounds of something looking like exercise. Already got yoga booked for Thursday (it’s more about making it there) and I’m trying to get the best neighbour on the planet to come running with me so lets see if we manage that this week.
- Not oversleep. With troubles sleeping comes troubles waking up and I’m currently on a mean streak of oversleeping (not to happy with that and a 5 am start to make a flight in the morning) so the goal this week is to make it out of bed and out the door when the alarm goes of.
- Cut down on the money wasting. When I walk in to the 7/11 in the morning (read closer to 11 than 7), the boys get my cappuccino going while I’m waiting in line to order and pay for it. I would say that’s a sign that I spend waaaaaaay to much money on coffee at my 7/11. So this week, no take-away coffees.
- De-clutter. As a child of my time I have too much stuff, this week will be dedicated to chuck one thing out a day, a thing that I don’t need that is…
- Shopping list at IKEA. There are still a few things that need to be tweaked in my new kitchen, even though it’s coming up to its one year anniversary. This will be the week where I actually write down the things I need to get from IKEA to make it complete. Might even do an online shopping basket out of it, whoooo.
- Think positive. As fall is coming and summer has been crap mood-wise, I think that I should make sure that I think at least one positive thought a day. If I manage it I already have stuff for point one of this list, damn I’m good.
Sitting here on my couch, way too late for a school night (due to a three-day weekend so night is day and day is night), feeling a bit pleased with myself as the laundry basket is empty (that means I’ve done all the laundry) and the fridge full since I managed to leave my couch long enough to do grocery shopping, contemplating my life (and the length of this sentence). The result?
Wow, it’s been long since I did a 7-things list, the last one I can find is from is from the beginning of February last year (not sure what happened with the rest of that year to be honest, might have to go back and read my own blog on that topic). That means it’s time for another one, it’s gonna be a 7-thing/project type of thing since it’s been a while since my last little project as well.
Ready? Here we go…
- Be a tourist in my own city – being in Essen this past weekend the conversation came up again, what one do and don’t do in your hometown. At least I’m real bad at going to the museums and sites here in Malmö, so I figured that I would make an attempt to be better at it. I think I’ll start with the Lonely Planet list to make it easy…and if anyone has some good ideas let me know.
- Cook more food at home – during my poor student days (not that long ago) I became real good at planning weekly menus and cooking at home. Now I spend too much time eating out, both for lunch and dinner – because I can. I do really love cooking though so I wanna get back in it. Starting today when there will be a box of food complete with recipes, delivered at my door. Ok, so starting it off half-lazy.
- Become less materialistic – I have noticed that I use shopping a little bit like therapy. I buy something and it makes me feel good…every time. Not a lasting feeling at all, so I figure that I will attempt to buy less things.
- Declutter – I’m a piler…there I said it! I have piles all over my apartment and we share the space in a co-existing kind of way. I think that it would be a nice change to attempt to get rid of them. It also ties into point three, I don’t need all this stuff.
- Take better care of my body – Yes, I run and I bike (faaaar) I just don’t exercise that much in between. I’m not planning on becoming a health nut or anything, I just feel that maybe I should move around a bit other than biking to and from work. And also maybe start my day with something else than coffee and a cancerstick…just saying – there’s probably a reason why my booty haven’t liked me or treated me nicely the past few months.
- Think more about the environment – I’m getting a bit better at recycling and I usually bring reusable bags to the grocery store. So I guess, being even better at recycling, try to avoid buying things with too much packaging, turning of the lights and all that jazz (maybe start with reading up on how to be nice to the environment).
- Less screen time – I spend most of my days at work in front of a computer, and my phone and then I come home and spend time infront of the TV with my computer or phone as well. So I want to do less of that, I mean, I can just turn my radio on when I’m home if I want background noise, and a book will keep my company just as well as the TV and computer will, right? So more of that…
That’s that, starting today! And since I’m not too keen on rules, there are no rules really…other than that I want to include one of the points in my everyday life everyday…